Life insurance is a crucial step in planning for your future. Not only can life insurance fulfill promises made to your family if you are no longer around, there are several life insurance policies that provide benefits while you are living.
Determining Your Need
The need for life insurance is dependent on your own personal and financial needs. We can assist you in determining what type and amount of life insurance is appropriate for you.
Generally, you should consider life insurance if:
- You have a spouse
- You have dependent children
- You have an aging parent or a physically challenged relative who depends on you for support
- Your retirement savings are not enough to insure your spouse's future against a rising cost of living
- You have a sizable estate
- You own a business
There are benefits of life insurance other than providing for your loved ones in case something happens to you:
- The cash value earned and borrowed from a permanent life insurance policy can be used to help with large expenses, such as a college education or down payment on a home.
- The growth of a cash-value policy is tax-deferred. You do not pay taxes on the cash value accumulation until you withdraw funds from the policy.
- Life insurance can be used to cover funeral expenses and pay estate taxes. Consult your tax advisor agent for more information.